|Name:|| Jodie Azhar|
|Occupation:|| Technical Animator|
|Education:|| BA(Hons) Computer Visualisation and Animation 2005-2008
Bournemouth University (National Centre for Computer Animation)
Jodie Azhar is a Video Games Technical Animator. Her job mostly involves rigging 3D digital characters, scripting animation tools for 3D software, fixing things and moving arbitary points in virtual space.
She has three other passions in life - drawing, music and video games.
She is also rather partial to comics and animations. Her favourite Graphic Novel series is 'The Sandman' by Neil Gaiman, who also happened to have written her favourite novel 'Good Omens' with the also great Terry Pratchett.
If there is one video game that she wishes that she'd worked on it would probably be Monster Hunter, by Capcom.
One of her other interests is linguistics and she has previously learn't German, French and Mandarin. She also loves World Cinema and her work is inspired by creatives from across the world.
Video Game Credits:
- Sniper Elite V2 (PS3, XBox 360, PC) - 2012 - Senior Technical Animator
- NeverDead (PS3, XBox 360) - 2012 - Senior Technical Animator
- Sinbad (iOS) - 2012 - Senior Technical Animator
- Zombie HQ(iOS) - 2012 - Senior Technical Animator
- Judge Dredd vs. Zombies (iOS) - 2011 - Senior Technical Animator
- PDC World Championship Darts Pro Tour (PS3, XBox 360, Wii) - 2010 - Technical Animator
- Girl's Life Sleepover Party (Wii) - 2009 - Animator
Listed as one of the Top 100 UK women in Video Games 2013 by MCV
Exhibited artwork in the Solloway Anime and Manga Exhibition:
Colourist for Transformers Comic Issue #21; Return to Cybertron Part 6 by Titan Comics; February 2009
Exhibited artwork in the Liveline: Comics Open Exhibition; Riverside Gallery, Richmond; Spring 2008
Featured artist for the manga division of Letraset.com
Fifth Place in the Manga Jiman Competition 2007, run by the Japanese Embassy in the UK
Featured artist for NEO magazine; Issue 37; October 2007
- Japanese Arts Festival; Richmond; 28th February - 1st March 2009
- Queens Library, London; 1st - 27th February 2009
- St. John's Wood Library, 1st November 2008 - 31st January 2009
- Westminster Reference Library, London; 1st - 31st October 2008
- The Vestry House, Richmond; 15th - 16th August 2008
What is tangentine?
Tangentine is home to the artwork and animations of Jodie Azhar.
Apparently tangentine is a cross between a tangerine and a clementine, but that's only according to the internet and who believes that anyway.
In fact it's a bit more like talking about one thing and then suddenly changing subject.
Tangentine is not a real word, however, tangential is. Perhaps this website is like that.